Bungkalan is a Sham!
On June 9, 2022, social media was flooded with posts and photos of alleged wholescale arrests of what the leftist groups refer to as farmers and tillers of the land by the police.
The picture painted by the propaganda arm of the CPP-NPA-NDF and by their front organizations is that there is a widespread crackdown on ordinary, helpless, hungry, and landless, farmers by state security forces.
At the height what of was labeled as the Tinang incident, the masterminds of the devious scheme called for monetary donations for the supposed bail for the arrested "farmers".
As expected, some gullible Filipinos, to include incumbent government officials, expressed support to what was then labeled to as the Tinang 93, clueless and ignorant of the facts of the incident.
These same people including some foreign groups were once again duped by the CPP-NPA-NDF to part ways with their hard-earned money to support what they perceived to be as a cause for freedom of oppressed farmers (as alleged by the CPP-NPA-NDF thru their allied front organizations responsible for instigating and plotting the incident at Hacienda Tinang).
After the short-lived media hype as a consequence of the drama orchestrated by the CPP-NPA-NDF sponsored group which organized the Bungkalan operations at Barangay Tinang, the real victims of the Tinang Incident stood their ground and denounced the crimes committed against them by the mob organized by the CPP-NPA-NDF and their allied front organizations.
The undisputed facts are as follows:
1. The land that was subject of the CPP-NPA-NDF initiated Bungkalan operations is collectively by CARP farmer-beneficiaries who are all from Tinang and who compose the Tinang Samahang Nayon Multi-purpose Cooperative (TSNMPC).
2. At the time of the incident, the land subject of the Bungkalan is planted with sugarcane by members of the TSNMPC.
3. The sugarcane were maliciously destroyed by the Tinang 93 pursuant to what they call as Bungkalan.
4. This willful and wanton destruction of the property of the TSNMPC prompted them to call for police intervention.
5. The police then arrested the Tinang 93 based on their violation of the property rights of the TSNMPC and for violating provisions of the applicable penal laws.
6. Of the 93 arrested individuals, 82 were charged for malicious mischief and illegal assembly.
7. Eleven were released.
8. Of the eleven, 4 are minors, and 7 are foreigners. All these eleven claimed that they have no idea what was going on at Tinang.
9. The 82 arrested individuals posted bail and were immediately released then after.
10. Ka Warly and Ka Pong, former CPP-NPA-NDF cadres attested to the fact that the CPP-NPA-NDF is behind the Bungkalan tactics. These are similar tactics used by the CPP-NPA-NDF in the Hacienda Luisita incident where some poor farmers were killed in what was infamously known as the Hacienda Luisita massacre.
11. The majority of the Tinang 93 are not even from Tinang. They only used some farmers from Tinang as an excuse to create a scenario that they can capitalize and propagandize on.
12. The CPP-NPA-NDF used the gullible Tinang farmers as pawns in their game of deception, death and destruction.
This is simply tragic and reprehensible to conscience.
The CPP-NPA-NDF has solidified their status as the single worst plague that has afflicted our country for more than five decades already.
Even when this terrorist organization is at the peak of their twilight years,
an organization that is obsolete and dying, just like its head, Joma Sison,
they still find means to cause misery to the poorest of the poor.
they claim that they fight for the rights of the tillers of the soil, yet they destroy what our farmers have planted.
there is no excuse for robbing the poor of their sustenance. This is what happened to our farmers at Hacienda Tinang.
The Tinang 93 took from them what rightfully belongs to the farmer-beneficiaries of the TSNMPC.
The irony of it all is that,
the oppressors have the gall to call themselves the victims in the incident.
This is the height of hypocrisy, callousness, and injustice.
We, at the NTF-ELCAC, stand united with the farmer-beneficiaries of Hacienda Tinang and their families.
We cry out for justice.
We cry out for peace.
We condemn any and all forms of Bungkalan activities being undertaken by the CPP-NPA-NDF and by their front organizations.
Bungkalan is nothing but a Sham!
It is but a reflection of the sham revolution being peddled by the CPP-NPA-NDF terrorist organization.
We call on the Filipino people to stand in solidarity with the peace loving people of Hacienda Tinang and to join us in a common aspiration to attain a just and lasting peace by putting an end to the local communist armed conflict.
Flosemer Chris Gonzales Spokesperson, RTF6-ELCAC